M E N T A L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M E N T A L

We are M E N T A L, a Horde Guild playing off the Jubei'thos Realm in World of Warcraft.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves - PS3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeeRain

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves - PS3  Empty
PostSubject: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves - PS3     Uncharted 2 Among Thieves - PS3  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves - PS3  Uncharted2amongthieves1j

Introduction
The follow up from the brilliant Uncharted Drake's Fortune, this game is all round fantastic. It is thrill seeking and action packed. The Official Playstation Magazine (OPM) rated Uncharted 2 as the best ever Playstation game. This game is so much fun and filled with missions, shoot-outs and stunts that anyone would want to play again. Naughty Dog have created, maybe, one of the best games ever, for any console. If there is no Uncharted 3 i would be seriously upset.

The Storyline
You are Nathan Drake, a slightly cocky guy that loves humiliating the enemy infront of their own army. With help from some friends you must explore many different enviroments to find the entrance to a mystical place know as Shambola. You are in search of a sacred piece called the Chintimany Stone, a lost artifact that gives outrageous amounts of power to its posseser. Drake must do everything in his power to stop an evil army of mercenaries from getting their hands on the stone. In order to win you must run, gun, jump and generally put your life on the line. All through the game you will find yourself in one nasty mess after another, Using anything at your disposal to spray blood all over street floors and biulding walls.

The Graphics
The graphics on this game are abseloutely immense, 10/10, if you ask me. The way your surroundings have been torn apart by war just looks amazing. You kind of get the feeling that Uncharted 2 is set in a real urban warzone. Small things can make a big difference, for example, when Nate's stunts go wrong and the area around you suddenly collapses the rubble actually piles up instead of just disapperaing in a cloud of dust is brilliant. The gunfire, explosions and flames that come from war all the beyond even the graphics of a good 2015 game.

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves - PS3  Uncharted2amongthievesa

The Gameplay
There are alot of posotive points about this game, but one of the negative points is that when playing on this game the camera angles can sometimes change into a rather complicated position. Quite a few times you will be looking at Nate's face when trying to run across rooftop and you will end up falling into an alley that you didnt even no was there, this can be extremely fustrating when you die and a tune starts playing, after dying a few times you begin to get sick of the same old annoying little tune.

Now, some missions on this game will consist of just melee attacking the enemy. The one-on-one fights on this game are just undescribable. Fists, elbows, knees, feet and even the head are used to pound the enemy to a bloody pulp. There are also a few combo attacks that are alot of fun to do, one of them is shoving the enemies face into your solid knee. OUCH!

My favorite of all melee attacks has to be the stealthy attacks. These mainly dominate the melee missions. There are few different ways to get rid of a guard, from a simple choke,to my favorite, when standing around a corner from a guard grabbing him by the collar and throwing him head first into the concrete wall.

Sometimes you will find yourself trying to solve a problem that will get you somewhere important, if you are ever struggling the game hints will help, then can be toggled on and off via the pause menu,options. Also, a bit of patience is definetly needed to be able to play this game for a lengthy amount of time.

Stunts
Most of you are probably wondering what I am going on about stunts on a shooter game for. Well, its simple, they are amazing. The way Nate leaps from rooftop to rooftop and manages to grab onto the top of signposts after falling 20 feet (sure its not exactly life-like realism) it really makes you adrenaline pump. Ropes, oh on this game I hate them. OK, you'll be holding the analog stick down and running direcly towards the rope and then suddenly youll end up jumping in the other direction and falling down, into what looks like a bottomless pit, so annoying and frustrating.

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves - PS3  Uncharted2amongthievesu

Weapons and Shooting
There aren't many guns on this game, but as the old saying goes; its not about quantity its about quality. All of the guns on this game will provide you with hours of fun. Most of the time in this game you will find yourself scrounging ammo from the floor and then wasting it on a riot shield, but does the guy behind it die, no. But this is where grenades come in. These also have to be picked up from dead bodies because you dont have any at the beginning of a mission.

The aiming on this game is accurate but I feel that a sight would be better on a rifle, Im sure it would work better than a rather small white circle which is about two times as thick as the enemy your aiming at. On shotguns the two brackets are quite accurate because everything in those two brackets is about to get hit by a hell of a lot of pain.The long white line that will appear on screen when you aim your grenade is way more accurate than any circle, I would never want them to change that little point of the weapons.

Conclusion
This game is the best game I have ever played,by far. I would only change a few things about this game and they are only minor points.

+ Amazing Graphics
+ Adrenaline pumping action
+ Superb shoot-outs
+ Fantastic Gameplay

- Bad camera angles
- Reticles could be more accurate

9.5/10

Written by crisis

Guia de artesanos y artistas
digital stock photos for designers
Back to top Go down

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves - PS3